Help with recall for 850's with leaking fuel tanks!!!!

I recently took my 97 glt into the dealer for the recent recall. They told me that it was not in fact anything covered under the recall that was causing my fuel to leak, and smell vapors in the cabin. They told me that it was a fuel level sensor. Is this reasonable or are they trying to screw me? Whenever i fill the tank, it overflows, and then smells of fuel in the cabin for a few days, the smell occurs whenever i put gas in, regardless of wether its a full tank or not. Are these two things similar enough that maybe volvo doesnt want to change the tank or heat shield or what??

thanks in advance!

Jared

Reply to
Enforcer

Roy Bolton

The fuel level sensor is not part of the recall you had performed on your Volvo . If you can provide a E-Mail address I will send you the service bulletin that states what repairs are to be performed Glenn

Reply to
G Klein