Historic Volvo Pricees

Is there any place I can find historic Prices for Volvos? Like want a 94

940 was worth in 2002?

I could sift through the Archives of this group but I suspect it will be spotty.

Reply to
Rob

Rob...you might try and just take todays prices and "back down" into a

2002 price by utilizing the govt published rates of inflation over the years...that would give you the value of a dollar in any selected, historical year...it ain't perfect, but it is quick and "defendable"...

Rob wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

try your libraries to see if they keep their old copies of the NADA blue (yellow!) book.

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:

Rob...you might try and just take todays prices and "back down" into a

2002 price by utilizing the govt published rates of inflation over the years...that would give you the value of a dollar in any selected, historical year...it ain't perfect, but it is quick and "defendable"...

Rob wrote: Is there any place I can find historic Prices for Volvos? Like want a 94

940 was worth in 2002?

I could sift through the Archives of this group but I suspect it will be spotty.

Reply to
klh

by 2004, the remaining drop in value for 240, 740, and 940 had probably gotten pretty small. (in fact, i sold my '91 240 last year for more than I paid for it in 2000). maybe $1,000 - $1,500 less than current value. and, with continued good maintenance, a '94 940 will continue to hold its value for another 5 years or so. along with the 960, it's the last of the RWD volvos.

Reply to
Pat Quadlander