Volvo 960 won't start

Thanks, Mike.

I got a new battery for my key fauve (clicker?), too, hoping that (as the Volvo people told me) it could be an issue with the immobilizer/security system. Nothing happened at first once I tried to click it, but then I got back in and tried; something (the engine?) made horrible grumbling noises. I assume it was trying to start but just lacked the power because then the battery (the NEW battery) apparently "died." I'm sure this isn't the case, but the lights hazed and went out.

When the old battery was still in we did try the cable to the engine block. Just hook it from the negative to the block and try again? And then you say try starting the car in neutral, too? I'll give it a shot. I can't IMAGINE that there is anything majorly wrong.

Yet.

Thanks,

Drew M

Reply to