How to test the fuel pump?

Since my 940 turbo wagon still will not start i tried banging on the fuel under the seat and it still is dead. how does one determain if the front or back fuel pump is dead and how do you test them. thanks.

Kasoma Duplantis

Reply to
snpboy

Apply 12V to the pump and see if it runs, if it runs loosen the banjo bolt and see if pressurized fuel sprays out.

Reply to
James Sweet

when my mechanic was testing to see if i had fuel pressure (b4 he told me about gentaly tapping the pump) he dove under the hood and quickely determined there was no fuel pressure...some line or hose going into the injection system i would guess.....i think he wrenched loose one line or bolt...

James Sweet wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

He loosened up the fuel delivery line at its fitting.

Reply to
zencraps