I Can't Vote, My 850 Won't Start !!!

3-3-5 which Haynes describes as: Request for malfunction indicator lamp from automatic transmisssion ECU.

Help me start & get to the polls, please! Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jay Epstein

Get your bike out!

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Jay Epstein wrote: : Non-turbo 1995: : Turns over fine, diagnostic code (in socket 2) says: : 3-3-5 which Haynes describes as: Request for malfunction indicator : lamp from automatic transmisssion ECU.

: Help me start & get to the polls, please!

Depends, are you a democrat or republican? :)

: Thanks, : Jay

Reply to
kmy

After a lot of coaxing & repeated starting tries, it finally caught and I ran off to do several hours worth of errands - stop start all running and starting perfectly. Code now reads 1-1-1. Why did this come about? The day before, I started my baby, backed into the driveway & turned it off. Then after cleaning out the garage, I started it up & drove it back in. Maybe something in the fuel delivery which acted up because I never let it run for more than 20 seconds both times?

By the way, L>Jay Epste>: N>: 3-3-5 which Haynes describes as: Request for malfunction indicator

Reply to
Jay Epstein

Ah ... a write-in vote for John McCain!

beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

You've answered your own question. Engine was flooded with fuel from the two short runs. This is very common on the 850, especially the 20v's which run very rich at cold start and will easily flood.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

check fuel pump relay..i had the similar problem

Reply to
Crazy Banana

Reply to
Jay Epstein

Now we know how W won: a jamming device killed all the Volvo computers on election day. W just played the percentages.

Jim

Reply to
lazenby