I May Sell my 89-780T

Wifey wants a new car and 4 cars is just too many.

It is Black, has 143k miles, runs good, no rust and never driven in winter. It has the Bertoni wheels and new tires.

I would want at least $5,000, maybe more. I am not very motivated, I really love the car.

I live in Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.

AJ snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Reply to
AJ

You could buy your car in the U.K for no more than around $600 tops. What sort of prices do Volvos fetch in the USA, is it worth trying to import older Volvos

Reply to
no

Typically, Volvo 780s around here get good money.

In fact, a 760GLE would get around $3500-$5000 Canadian!!! Serious! My 1987 is in great shape, no rust, and someone offered me $3500 for it. Die hard Volvo fans who love the cars would spend the money.

BTW: your car doesn't have Bertoni wheels, they are Bertone. I drive and collect Bertone cars, mostly Italian ones ;).

Currently I own 3 Fiat X1/9s, which were all built at the Bertone factory, and I'm looking for a Ferrari 308GT4 (probably the cheapest Ferrari out there).

Reply to
Myron Samila

A 780?? Those are very rare cars and will fetch quite a premium. We all know by now that cars devalue at a ridiculous rate in the UK so there's no point in discussing that further. Importing them would not be such a grand idea because UK cars are righthand drive.

Reply to
James Sweet

you can't. Plenty of 760's though

Reply to
Me

Quite a different beast, the 780 is special.

Reply to
James Sweet

The 780 is a very nice Volvo. And while I don't recall seeing any in England, I do recall seeing at least one in the Netherlands.

I personally prefer the styling of the Bertone 262.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

There are at least two on the VOC register in the UK. One was imported from near Chicago. The other one is a continental import, loads of them in Europe. Only problem is that every one of them is left-hand drive. There are even turbo-diesel ones in Italy!

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

"AJ" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Well, the 780 is rare even in Europe. The most cars were sold to the US. The most 780 overhere you can find in the Netherlands - Belgium and Italy (Turbo-diesel). They are not that cheap, so $600,= is simply impossible. A

780 from 1986 to 1989 cost at least overhere E4500 to E10.000 !!!!!!!! and the last models of 1991 or 1992 can go up to E25.000,= (excelent condition ofcourse). If have the means I would buy one immediatly and never sell it again. For me it's the ultimate dream Volvo.

regards and the best wishes for 2004.

Peter M

1992: 940 SE
Reply to
P.M.A. Melissen

I really do not think that I will sell my 780. I will just make room for another car. If some one lived close to me and it was truely a person who wanted and would love it. Well, I might consider it. Thanks for the correction on the spelling of Bertone. I was just putting it up for the winter, here in Wisconsin. And thought I would make the offer. I will be driving my 89-765 this winter. Another nice car.When ever I have posted a question or comment on the 780, some one would always ask if I wanted to sell it. Thus the offer.

Regards to All.

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Keep the car, you've obviously got quite an attachment to it, if you sell it you'll likely be kicking yourself a while down the road. The 765's a great car too, but at least that would be much easier to replace.

Reply to
James Sweet

WISE DECISION. GREAT CAR... We have a few running around here. Sidney Vancouver,BC

Reply to
Sidney