in-town gas mileage 98 S70

I am getting terrible city gas mileage on my 98 S70 GLT. Any suggestions? I was complaining when I was getting 15 MPG but now it seems more like 14...

Reply to
daffy

Yes, get a diesel!

Is that 14 miles per US gallon or per proper (Imperial) gallon?

Reply to
Roger Mills
14 miles per US gallon what I want to know is whether others have had this problem with this model and whether there is anything I can do about it or what might be causing the poor performance. the vehicle has been properly maintained
Reply to
daffy

Hi "daffy",

For comparison I have a '97 850 AWD wagon and have never been too happy with the fuel consumption: 21 miles/ U.S. gallon, almost all local short trips, but looking at your numbers I should count my blessings. The AWD wagon is heavier too.

Of course I've been "spoiled" having previously owned 240's, 140's 122's and a PV445.

Sorry, can't help solve your problem, other than pump up the tires and drive with a light foot....... :-)

Good Luck. Andy I.

Reply to
Andy