Intermittant hesitation problem on acceleration when hot

I have a '91 240 wagon which I have been slowly restoring. It had been well cared for up until about a year ago, and then totally neglected. I've repaired a crumpled fender, rear deck replacement, rewiring the rear deck, and miscellaneous wiring gremlins.

The car always starts up. It idles smoothly. It gets decent gas milage (19 mpg city driving, that's about right, isn't it?)

I loaded it up and took it on an 800 mile trip. I know it needs a new clutch fan, because it overheats when sitting in traffic. I also have a new radiator ready to put in. But...

Occasionally when driving around 65 mph on the highway, the car would hesitate, lose power. It really wouldn't slow down as much as just not go faster. It never stalled, but it seemed like it might once or twice. It might have idled a little rough when that problem was happening, but not much.

Occasionally, but rarely, it will hesitate on a hot day after driving only around 10 miles.

I looked around and checked small hoses under the hood... they seem fine..

Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Larry

Reply to
larrynospam.raynor

Check for proper opration of the hot air thermostat in the air cleaner. Try removing the hose that goes from the ehxaust manifold to the air cleaner (or just disconnect it at the cleaner.

Could be fuel starvation (weak tank pump or accumulator problem). Does it do it more often when the tank is low?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Reply to
larrynospam.raynor