keyless remote cracked case

My 1998 S70 keyless remote (part 9166200) has a cracked case. The remote works fine, but I am afraid that moisture or dirt could more easily damage the delicate electronics. The local Volvo dealership can sell me a new remote ($112, if I recall correctly), but tells me that no replacement case is available. Volvo's North American headquarters forwarded my inquiry to someone, but three or four weeks have passed without response. Does anyone here have an email address for the manufacturer in Sweden?

Thank you!

Reply to
ccr

I don't know the address, but here's a suggestion. Have you considered picking up a remote from eBay? I've bought remotes from my cars from eBay -- the car is easy to program to accept the new remote. And I've never paid more than $20 for a remote.

Here are a few that will work with your car:

?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy12726232&category4234
?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy13577767&category3723

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf
[ccr] (Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:17:08 -0500):

Why not fix the crack with some glue? I really don't think there are replacement cases..

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik

Another suggestion: get the remote from ebay, and transfer your circuit board to the new case. No programming required.

Norm

Reply to
Norman Koller

Very true. However, many Volvo dealers will do it for free as a courtesy as it takes just two minutes and requires a VST. With Volvo

850s, 960s, and 940s - programming the remote doesn't require a VST.
Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Not a bad suggestion, I just bought one for my S80, it will cost 30.00 US including shipping, mine should be here any day now.

Bought on Ebay, there's several for sale at any givin time.

vinran1