Looking for a 240 Wagon

Hi all

I'm looking for a 90's 240 wagon with 3rd seat. I live on the west coast of Florida. Anybody got any leads?

Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

I've noticed that in my area, a couple of people have put up 1990 245's for sale at $5995 and $6000, which is more than what most 850 wagons are selling for.

Have 240's attained "collector" status ?

Russ wrote:

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

Yes I've seen the same. I can get an mid 90's 850 turbo wagon for the same as an early 90's 245... Crazy..

So does this make my 1973 142 an expensive classic? :-)

Reply to
Russ

I would rather have a 245 with zero miles than a V70...

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Lots of luck finding one.

I have had 4 245's and 3 850/v70s. I would never willingly go back to the 245 and it's screaming heater fans and its rear wheel drive. I liked the 245's, but I didn't know any better. The 850 and now the v70 with its FWD or AWD pulls through the snow rather than pushing the front tires through like the 245 did. This is a big improvement. The 850/V70 also have antilock brakes, 4 air bars, side impact protection, better gas mileage, more power, more room and better comfort. These are all improvements. Also, I only kept my 245's 120,000 miles, while I keep my

850/v70's 180,000 miles. The reliability is that much better.
Reply to
Stephen Henning

I keep my cars until they cost more to maintain than replace. Here's my experience:

1976 262 275,000 Miles (death by fuel system leaks) 1978 264 375,000 Miles (death by clutch/radiator failure) 1987 240 175,000 Miles (death by seat failure/wiring harness) 1989 240 210,000 Miles (death by seat failure/exhaust)

and now:

1996 850 65,000 Miles (needs transmission replaced) 1996 850 75,000 Miles (burning oil at 1 quart/week)

I'm betting neither 850 makes it to 100 kmiles.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Perhaps, or is it a check transmission light problem caused by a bad pnp switch. I had that problem and a friend has that problem.

Could be due to a lack of routine maintenance like changing the fire trap. Sometimes a seal needs replacing. I have never had a Volvo burn oil, they leaked it.

Two of mine were like new after 180,000 miles. The third (a v70) is like new at 60,000 miles.

I get recommended dealer service all the time. I have never killed a Volvo. They were always worth more fixed than the cost to fix them, hence, it was a no brainer to fix them. Even at 180,000 miles they were still running just like new.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

So would a lot of people, and it'd probably fetch more money as well, but if one exists on the face of the earth it's in a museum.

Reply to
James Sweet