LPG Conversion for 240 generation successful?

Has anyone heard of a successful conversion of a 240 generation Volvo to LPG? My 1979 Volvo is a GT242 like one of these shown here:

The Australian government bodies will subsidise the full cost of these fuel (LPG) conversions. My understanding is that a special hose/converter will be necessary and possible and petrol/gas mixture??

Any suggestions most welcome.

Paul

Reply to
polriid

Sure, lots of people have done it. I've never seen a LPG Volvo here in the US but apparently it's quite common in Europe.

Reply to
James Sweet

You'll need a tank (60L, fills the room between the wheelwells), a pressure regulator connected to the cooling system and an air-gas mixer fitted to the inletmanifold. Unless you go high tech and find a liquid gas injection system. Should work fine, if it is worth it depends on the number of filling stations and the economics. A 60l tank fills to 80%, fuelconsumption is up 10% so you'll be filling up quite a lot. One of the reasons (politicians were another, and you're not supposed to park an LPG car in a multy story parking) lpg is becoming rare over here

Reply to
M-gineering

Reply to
John Robertson