Rear cylinder head oil plug 1985 245

Does this plastic plug ($2.49) insert from the inside or outside. In other words do I need to remove the valve cover or can I fit it between the firewall and hole in rear of head? I have solved the overpressure problem but need to replace the plug which blew out.

Thanks Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Remove the valve cover, it's pretty easy, you might consider replacing the gasket though.

Reply to
James Sweet