More Fuel Injector woes (weird 240)

My main original problem was a leak either the oil rings or fuel injector itself. I tried pulling the electrical connector from the top of the injector and pulled one the pigtail spades loose from the plastic housing. I pushed the rubber boot off and managed to get the spade back in place. Now, with the connctor back one and having done nothing else, the fuel injector stopped leaking. But, now the car is running rough. It actually runs better with the spark plug wire or the fuel injector electric connector off for that cylinder. What can be going on?? The car ran fine before I started all this (execept for a cold idle problem which I was learning to live with)

Anthony Memphis TN

Reply to
DL152279546231

Did you clean and regap the plug from that cylinder? Sounds like you may have a fouled plug.

--

-don

'81 242t '89 744ti

Reply to
don hodgdon

No, but should I? I was thinking it must be a faulty injector although now it does not leak. I also cannot understand why it quit leaking.

Anthony Memphis TN

Reply to
DL152279546231