My 850 GLT has cold starts

Hi All,

I have an 850 GLT has 180,000 miles on it. I love the performance of the car and hopefully will keep for long since I use only synthetic oils. My problem are the cold starts in the morning, I thought it was the battery and it wasn't. I noticed though that after the car has warmed up, when I re-start the car it starts right away without hesitation. Also I have a leakage down at the transmission. I recently used 24 Oz of Lucas Transmission fix but the leak did not go away. Could this be a RMS issue?

I need advice on how to deal with this.

Thanks advance,

Mad4vovo

Reply to
Mad4vovo

you can probobally find more info on this topic on I have 850 with 210K on it and nothing happenes but you can find more info at swedespeed.com

--------------------------------------

Tangero

you can probobally find more info on this topic on I have 850 with 210K on it and nothing happenes but you can find more info at

Tangero

you can probobally find more info on this topic on I have 850 with 210K on it and nothing happenes but you can find more info at

Tangero

For the cold start, try hitting the starter for half a second, letting it sit a second or two, and then trying the starter. That's the "shadetree" test for fuel pressure bleeding off from the fuel rails. The first "bump" fires up the fuel pump long enough to repressurize the rails so it can start normally... if that's the problem. For mysterious reasons most cars can't seem to decide on a reasonable mixture if you keep cranking as the pressure comes up.

Anyway, if that's the trick you can try a bottle of injector cleaner in the next tank of gas. Cheap, easy, can't hurt, might help. Otherwise you are probably looking at some troubleshooting, maybe replacement of the check valve on the fuel pump... or doing the bump-start thing a while longer. Makes the car harder to steal, too!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee