My S60 Makes Me Look Bad

Hi all, I just bought an '01 S60 T5 with a 5 speed. I can't say enough about this beast! And I'm here to tell you that driving this car is almost better than sex!!!! But....... Can someone tell me what the Heck the story is with the freakin' clutch? As I let the clutch pedal out and out and out, it finally grabs almost at the top. So, if I'm not thinking at the moment or sitting on a hill, I let the clutch out and give it a little gas......then it doesn't start to grab for at least 3 feet of peddle travel....and by the time it grabs, I've got the revs up to about 6K and it "launches" or I've spazzed and let off the gas just as the clutch grabs and my car and I sit there and gag or stall.

Now, I know it's hydraulic and all. Plus, my dealer is pretty much clueless on Volvo clutches 'cause they don't see that many. So, I'm told that there is no adjustment. I mean, I've driven things with clutches for at least 40 years and I have never had this much trouble getting a smooth move on the pedal.

So, after this tedious story here's my question: Is there any way to adjust the clutch pedal travel ????

johnp in CT.

Reply to
John P.