Mysterious oil leak !

I have a 1990 Volvo 740 turbo, I am loosing a quart of oil every two weeks. The oil seems to run from above the junction where the water pump joins to the cylinder head via the rubber seal. It ruined two water pump rubber seals already because of oil contamination. Head gasket seems OK, front oil seal on overhead cam shaft seems ok also, no noticeable oil from that area. Any ideas, anyone, and thanks. Bill.

Reply to
Bill Chan

Head gaskets can cause this. If you replace the gasket make sure that the head is skimmed and that the top of the block is also flat. Then torque down the headbolts as per specifications (in three steps).

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes