New guy on the block

Just thought I'd say howdy. I currently am driving an '89 740T Wagon on a daily basis, and just bought (or will tomorrow) a '95 850 Sedan. The

850 has 191,000 mi. on it, and everything appears to function as designed. For 500 bucks, I don't think I can go too far wrong. A friend is a local Euro parts importer, so that helps too. Any particular things I should be wary of on the 850? I don't know the timing belt history, so that is #1 on the list. Downside on the Sedan is that it's an automatic. The 740 has the M46. Thanks for your time. Jeff
Reply to
Bugeye58

Powerflush the transmission, immediately and every 20K miles hereafter.

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

The recommendation for these gearboxes, which should use Fully Synthetic ATF, is every 100,000 miles

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

He he he he he....

-----