oil leaking out oil filler 240DL

I have a 1988 240DL volvo.

Suddenly I am having a problem with oil leaking out the oil filler opening. I bought a new cap thniking it was an old gasket problem.

it is still leaking.

So I guess there must be a value of some sort that is plugged and causing pressure in the crackcase.

Anyone have an idea and have seen this problem before?

TIA

William Zoraster

Reply to
Zoraster

My guess is that either the flame trap is plugged, increasing crank case pressure, or that some of the oil passages are plugged. The former is easy (if a bit grubby) to fix, the latter could require significant disassembly.

Tim McNamara

Here is another link:

While specific to the 740/940 series, there is info for the 240 as well.

Reply to
joe

thanks I will look into it today

William