oil leaking out oil filler 240DL

I have a 1988 240DL volvo.
Suddenly I am having a problem with oil leaking out the oil filler opening. I bought a new cap thniking it was an old gasket problem.
it is still leaking.
So I guess there must be a value of some sort that is plugged and causing pressure in the crackcase.
Anyone have an idea and have seen this problem before?
TIA
William Zoraster

My guess is that either the flame trap is plugged, increasing crank case pressure, or that some of the oil passages are plugged. The former is easy (if a bit grubby) to fix, the latter could require significant disassembly.
http://www.swedishbricks.net/faq/flametrap.html
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:54:49 -0500, Tim McNamara

Here is another link:
http://www.brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/EngineSealsBeltsVent.htm#Crankcase_Ventilation_A_Treatise
While specific to the 740/940 series, there is info for the 240 as well.

thanks I will look into it today
William