Oxygen sensors

My Volvo dealer, after charging me $100 to diagnose the problem, informed me that I need new oxygen sensors fore and aft of the catalytic converter on my '01 S60 2.4T. Cost for the new parts and installation, plus a software update: $735.

Is that price reasonable?

Thanks.

HW

Reply to
Hal Whelply

Probably normal enough. However, if you are in the US (and particularly if you are in California) you should determine whether you are covered by the mandatory federal or California state mandated emissions control warranty. I don't know the details myself, but for an '01 it is a possibility worth some research.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked the warranty booklet, including the specifics for California, and, alas, it doesn't seem to be covered.

HW

Michael Pardee wrote:

particularly if

Reply to