S70 door handle latch cable

I have a 1998 S70, and the latch was jammed. I opened up the panel and unscrewed the handle assembly to look at the cable. When I did that two black plastic pieces fell out. Apparently these pieces helped to keep the cable in place. With the pieces broken off, the nib of the cable wouldn't stay in place, and thus it was not possible to pull the door latch.

Would it make sense to just glue/epoxy the black cable to the door latch assembly and then maybe glue down the broken piece which has a rounded end that keeps the nib in place? Are there other ways to fix this w/o replacing the whole cable, or is replacing the cable pretty easy. It seems complicated to figure out where the cable fits into the latch assembly, and it's probably much more expensive too.

I have a picture at

.The top picture is the cable in place. The bottom picture is of the brokenpiece more or less in place where it should be. The picture is just toshow what the piece looks like before it's in position. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Michael Chiu