P1800 weatherstripping question

I'm looking at a 69 P1800S - a lot of the weatherstripping is shot. As you can tell by my sig, I play mainly with Studebakers. Can anyone tell me if rubber is available for this car?

Thanks in advance

Pat

Reply to
Pat Drnec

You bet Pat...Studies and old Volvos here too, as you know. It's those round fenders. Jump on over at the yahoo group's 1800 list. You can read without joining. Contact me off-list and I'll send you a couple of good vendors I've used.

Ron

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley) 1973 Volvo 1800 ES (Hyacinth Bucket)
Reply to
Ron

Wow - we're everywhere! Thanks, Ron!

R> You bet Pat...Studies and old Volvos here too, as you know. It's those

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Is it weatherstripping around the windows, like the windshield or back window or is it door wheatherstripping? If you're friends with a parts store you might be able to find something to "fit". I had a Sport Wagon until about two years ago that I was able to match up some door weatherstrip from a couple of American cars. By the way, I'm selling my Dad's old Facel Vega. Only 60K and a Hemi Engine...Walnut is flawless.

Reply to
Administrator

Is the rubber new or has it been laying around for years? That was my major problem. Some of the rubber fell apart as soon as it came out of the plastic bag.

Reply to
Administrator