passenger air bag keeps deactivating

2 related questions about the 2006 v70 i own:

1) if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, should the "passenger air bag" light above the rear view mirror be illuminated? logic would tell me that the light should be on if no one is sitting there, as the bag shouldn't deploy if no one is sitting there. (note: as a test, when i put my 5 year old in the seat, the light does illuminate because he weighs less than the specified weight for the bag to deploy.)

2) the same light i'm referring to in question 1 has been turning on while my wife sits in the seat. she can get it to turn off by releasing the seat belt buckle and then clicking it back in. anyone had the same experience with their v70?

thanks, jim

Reply to
ksampson3

No as long as the seat belt is not buckled it sounds like there is a fault in the UEM have your Local dealer check in to this Glenn

Reply to
Glenn