Philadelphia Volvo Mechanic

I've got a 1991 240 wagon (160K) with a shake in the steering column from 40-50 mph (just got used tires put on the front to replace worn ones, I suspect that they're the problem). I'm new to Philly, any recommendations for mechanics? Thanks, Jon

Reply to
joncass1

Go back to the tie store and tell them about it. They might recheck the balance at no charge or you may even have a bad tire. Start with that. That's assuming that the shake started with the installation of teh new tires.

After that, look for any foreign car repair shop - pick 3. Have each of them inspect the front end and see if their results agree. This way YOU can find a good shop just by talking to the folks. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Thanks - I'll start shopping around. By the way, I took it to NTB in King of Prussia and they did a balancing, or should I say a balancing act, since the shake is still there. Ah well.

Reply to
joncass1

move front tires to back and back to front and see if that helps. if not, then it isn't the tires... __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.