Problems vith SRS Airbag

I am an owner of V70 T-5 01 model(Mileage: 72 000 km). For 1 month ago I got a message on the message display that I had to take the car to an SRS airbag service. I went to a norwegian Volvo workshop in order to sort out the problem. The failure was located to the main SRS-airbag controll unit. They told me that I had yo change it. I then took my car to Sweden (it cheaper over there).They said the same ,but they said also that the failure could pop up again even if they replaced the SRS Airbag Controll unit. The only solution was to replace the whole wire system. Is'nt that a little bit strange. Have enyone of you had any problem like tihis,and how did you solve the problem ?

Edvard

Reply to
Edvard Bjørge