Q: 780 cruise control adjustment?

Is it possible to adjust how much the servo/actuator pull/open the trottle?

The reason for this adjustment is that I have changed the PRV V-6 to a Chevy V-8 with much more torque than the V-6, and when I use the Cruise, the control unit will give way too much trottle before it understands, and backs off the trottle, for the next second give too much trottle again.... it's like driving with a "kangaroo" under the bonnet :-)

It look like it is a rotary knob/resistor on the control-unit, but I'm afraid to turn it as I dont know what it is for, any idea? I also have tried to connect a small reservoir (about .5 liter) on the tube that goes from the "pump" to the servo/actuator but there seem to be little or no effect.

Thanks

Per Mathisen Norway

-88 780 w/ SBC350/TH700

Reply to