Racing idle when hot 1984 240 GLE

When the beast starts all is fine, but after driving for a while and warming up, the idles goes to about 1300rpm when I slip it into neutral.

Any clues pls? Quick things to check. Links to brick board? I have tried some but no joy.

Paul

Reply to
XYZ

I'd probably start first by looking for any intake leaks such as cracked, loose or damage hoses.

Then I'd clean the Idle Air Control.

Reply to
zencraps