Mondeo revs "hunting" when cold

Mondeo 2.0 petrol, manual, Mk3 03 reg (Duratec HE).

Engine revs are "hunting" when cold. Car starts perfectly but revs continually cycle between about 800rpm and

1300rpm as if blipping the throttle every second or so. Problem goes when the engine is fully warmed up. Any one had this problem before or know a quick fix / things to check ? Please could you supply a picture or link to one in any replys so I can clearly identify the part concerned. Thanks Paul
Reply to
Paul

depending on exactly when it was built; if its less than 3 years old then its covered by the warrenty, if its just out then ask about ford goodwill plan, where ford will pay a percentage of the repair- but there are conditions which must have been met 1st.

anyway it may just need PCM reproggrame/update which cures most problems like this, we (a main dealer)would charge appox £70 if you do have to pay good luck

Reply to
ford_technical_

Or clean out the idle control valve

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Problem fixed.

It was the EGR valve. Replacement fitted and its fine now. Thanks for the pointers. Paul

Reply to
Paul