Radiator Pressure

I have repaired the blanking plug in my 1988 Volvo Estate. I have to use the car tomorrow but have just found by chance that there is pressure escaping from the repair I did. How can I use the car by reducing the radiator pressure. What if I only screw the cap on the expansion tank a few turns rather than up tight, would this act as a pressure release to allow me to drive the car tomorrow. Another option would be to make a small hole in the tank pressure cap, this would also stop the engine / rads from reaching to much pressure, Any thoughts

Reply to
no

You can leave the cap loose temporarily, but this is not a good idea. Make sure that the cap is releasing pressure properly (if you can't check it, buy a new one), and make sure you cleaned up the plug/rad area properly, and didn't damage the new seal when you installed it.

Reply to
Mike F