Radio lamp replacement 2000 S70

I figured out how to remove the radio and then the front panel. But where do you get those twist lock (neo-wedge) bulbs. Volvo says send the radio in for repair or buy a new one for $400.00 They don't stock bulbs and one is burned out!

...Larry

Reply to
Larry

If you're in the US, the bulbs are available without holder at Radio Shack. In Canada at what used to be Radio Shack, The Source by Circuit City.

See:

You have to get the old bulb out of the holder, and put the new ones in. There are 5 bulbs in the radio, and the jostling you do changing one will probably break the filament on at least one of the other bulbs, so change all 5 at once.

Reply to
Mike F

Mike,

Do you know which lamp number from Radio Shack. I see there are many. What voltage and ampereage do I need?

Thanks,

..Larry

Reply to
Larry

That link is only to show you what they look like. Radio Shack only has one bulb that size, just make sure it's 12 volts. If you're going to order from that link, (and I don't even know if they sell retail) I'd pick the 14 volt, 0.04 amp version.

Reply to
Mike F