Radio Resistor 740GL

Hi, As mentioned I will now asked the other part that was added to my 89 740GL. This is a little black gadget that was installed closed to the tank where you fill up the antifreeze.

I didn't ask him waht it was until I looked on the invoice and it kinda looks like he wrote down "Radio Resistor"..

My mechanic told me to test it out after I told him my car stalled on the highway... He installed this thing before replacing my Fuel Pump Relay just a few days ago since my car stalled again (about 3 months after this radio resistor was installed).

Anyone heard of this device/part before?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jenn Chang

Sounds like the "radio suppression relay". This part powers the injectors and ignition (which use power in pulses, which can affect the radio) directly from the battery, to try to eliminate these annoying noises. I'm just surprised one has been installed on your car at this late date.

Reply to
Mike F