Red Blinking Anti Theft/CD Light Draining My Battery!!! HELP

Ok, so it?s not my battery...but my moms. I have just replaced the altenator...no easy job for a ameture!

And this Red blinking light on her radio is blinking - I think draining her battery. I did already enter the securty code and the radio is opporating properly..but when the car is off the red light is blinking!

HELP ...don?t know how to get it off!

thanks bree

Reply to
bree69

Bree, the radio light and the dashtop security light are supposed to blink when the car is turned off and locked. From personal experience, these will work for AT LEAST two weeks without starting the car (maybe longer, I've just never been away for a longer time.)

Have you had a shop check the battery, and posts and cables? Most local parts stores and nearly all service stations can do this for little or nothing.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I'm interested in seeing what this thread produces.

I had the electrical system on my 854T fully checked for unrecognized discharges, and the battery fully charged, before going on a winter vacation for 3 weeks (Dec 07-Jan 08). Yet the battery was dead when I returned.

The garage where I have my car serviced blamed the security system, saying this is common with Volvos of this vintage. They recommended disconnecting the battery if leaving the car for more than two weeks. I don't think this is a case of shoddy service or incompetence. They're by far the best Volvo mechanics in our area. I've been very satisfied with everything they've done since the car was new.

After I recharged the battery, it functioned perfectly for the rest of the winter, including a few mornings when it was parked outside overnight at ski resorts but started easily.

Java

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)