Replaced ignition switch -- ARRRRGGGGGHH!!!!!!

Looks like I played another game of "Not Fun" with the 740 tonight.

The good -- I found a switch on eBay that also came with a window switch. I paid $10 for the pair.

The bad -- It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a screwdriver in there to remove those two little screws.

The ugly -- the blood from either shards of glass left over from the windshield I removed the other day, or me cutting myself on the dozens of sharp edges under there.

Well, the switch was good so I guess its sorted.

ARRRRGGGGHHH!

Reply to
jamiebabineaux

Ah good old quality time with the car :)

Reply to
James Sweet

I think we're spending a little too much time together these days. We're smothering each other. It isn't healthy. I think we need a little space.

(Isn't that how Volvo relationships go?)

:-)

Reply to
jamiebabineaux

"I think we're spending a little too much time together these days. We're smothering each other."

"Volvo" and "vulva:" coincidence?

roll dem bones

Reply to
zencraps

I feel your pain. It is like doing extreme yoga but you get bloody knuckles to boot.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I am a pretty patient guy, but as I was experimenting working on my back, my sides, in the seat, and in every possible position I kept remembering that someone wrote that this job was a "piece of cake".

I literally started cursing out loud that I hated the SOB that lied!!!!!!

I still have a blood spot on the carpet. I'll take a picture, then clean it up before it becomes confused with evidence from a crime scene. LOL

Reply to
Jamie Babineaux

Yes, the thought had occurred. Both are expensive and pleasureable.

Reply to
Jamie Babineaux

"The expense is damnable, the position is ridiculous, and the pleasure is fleeting." - Samuel Johnson, who obviously worked on Volvos.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Try owning a Fiat or Alfa Romeo... I own both as well as my trusty 760.

The 760 is the most reliable of the bunch

Reply to
M.R.S.