Replacing Radio V70XC Antenna Question

I recently replaced the radio in our V70XC with a Sony MP3 player head unit. Unfortunately the antenna has two connectors, probably one for FM and one for AM, since the AM doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me, do I simply need to get a Y-connector to connect both antenna leads to the head unit? Or is this more complicated?

Thanks

Brendan

Reply to
Brendan

No, your V70 has 2 antennas. The Volvo radio is smart enough to use the better signal from one at a time, (although often both are poor due to their location). If your AM doesn't work, there's something else wrong. Buy the cheapest antenna you can find as a test unit and plug that in and see if anything improves.

Reply to
Mike F