Replacing Rod & Main Bearings

Last week the intermediate shaft seal blew and I lost oil quickly and now its ticking but not really a knocking. It seems to subside after a few minutes. I've been babying it back and forth to work for a week now. Tomorrow I am changing the rod and main bearings, motor mounts, and all front seals as well as the valve cover, timing cover and oil pan gaskets. I saw on the 700/900 faqs about the homemade engine compartment lift. And seem to remember reading something about using a bent nail to help push out the main bearings while turning the crank by hand.

Reply to
A Very Old Kid