restored volvos for sale?

hi all,

first time visitor on this group. i did some googling to find the answer, but to no avail.

a friend mentioned a shop in new england that specialized in mechanically restoring older volvos but leaving all aesthetics - bodywork, etc. to be done by the buyer. he also thought that there are several places around the country that do this.

it is a particularly attractive option to me as i'm about to go back into school and need a safe, reliable car and i could not care less what it looks like.

anyone have a clue as to what he's referring? thanks in advance, Jack Butler

Reply to
butler.jack

Sorry, no, but you see restored and modded old Volvos on Ebay regularly. (The "world's fastest" 122, with a nitrous-burning V-8, just went up, but the reserve wasn't met). If there is a shop around here that does the above, I'm also interested.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

Your best bet is to find the "Volvo Guy" (or Gal) near you and search the papers/auctions for a beater. I know of amazing Volvo Guys in Alameda, Santa Cruz and Los Angeles, CA, so if you're out here, you're in luck! :)

Michael Cerkowski wrote:

Reply to
Cormac Foster