S40 replacing cup holder

I have a 200 S40 and would like to try to fix the dashboard cupholder

- per the dealer most likely just the spring needs to be reattached.

Does anyone know how to remove the cupholder from the dashboard to fix the spring or to replace the entire cup holder.

Thanks Mr. GoaT

Reply to
Mr. GoaT

There is no cup holder in my V40 nor its predecessor S40.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Remove the climate control faceplate Remove the lower screws holding the climate unit Remove the radio & Unplug the connectors *( Before doing This Make Sure You Have The Radio Code)*!! Remove the ashtray assembly Remove the screw from inside of the Radio Box Remove the radio Box carefully if you have a trip computer remove the connector Now you will have the radio box & cupholder to examine out of the car The Cupholder is held in by 4 indents on both the upper & Lower Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

Thanks for the instructions. Will give it a try over the weekend.

Mr. GoaT

Reply to
Mr. GoaT