S60 Gas Gauge

Is it just me, or is anyone else out there with an S60 royally pissed off about the tiny little LED that illuminates when the gas tank is low. No chime, no obvious light on the dash - just a tiny LED. I don't know how many times its been on for an hour or so before I finally realize I'm running on fumes.

Reply to
Charlie Derk

Rob Guenther

Don't have a warning light on the old 740 and the gas gauge isn't worth relying on as it fluctuates all over the place.

Use the trip meter and fill up every 420k and hope you filled the tank last time.

Nearly ran out on the freeway the other day, took 55 litres in.

Meanwhile. the low fuel waring light in my Camry comes on after about 50 litres and its a 70 litre tank, they recommend filling when the tank hits

1/4 full to avoid sucking in all the shit at the bottom of the tank.

rgs

Peter

Reply to
Peter

That's why you have a gauge, the light is only a convenience.

Reply to
Norman Koller

Reply to
Rob Guenther

OK, I will admit to being on the anal retentive side and being an extra cautious type, but nevertheless I'll ask: why would you let it get that low in the first place that no-chime, tiny LED, etc., is even an issue?

In direct answer to your question, after 32 months with my S60: no. It's a non-issue.

HW

Reply to
H. Whelply

its a bad user interface. yes, i should check it more often - problem is that i forget, and if it wasn't such a poor design, it wouldn't be an issue. most cars these days have a chime or at least an obscene warning light that comes on that's obvious

Reply to
Charlie