S60 - rack changed now steering vague

Hi

Had my rack changed just before Christmas. It was badly worn and that had really knocked out the tracking, so I neeeded two new tyres too. I put two new F1s on the back, and swapped back to front. It now feels, well, "weird". Very vague straight ahead, and some wander on white lines.

The tracking was supposedly done when the rack was fitted , but trusting no-one, I had it rechecked elsewhere - result, spot-on and no adjustment needed.

Now, I have swapped backs to fronts before, and I know that this wasn't always advised, but this (I thought) was now preferred. Don't recall any sympoms like this previously, though.

Any views on whether this is a tyre issue, or whether there may be another fault? I appreciate that I need to take it back to the place where the rack was changed, but as I can't do that until next week, any views or opinions would be useful.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
TimR