S70 Dash Squeaks - How to Tighten/Remove/Replace Dash

My 1998 S70 has started making very annoying squeaks from the dash area. It's at the point that it's driving me crazy.

It almost seems as thought the dash has become loose from the chassis and needs to be tightened up. How is the dash mounted, and is there a location I should go to first to try to find mounting screws to tighten?

Interestingly, the squeak seems to be worse when the car is loaded (full tank of gas, full truck, etc).

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Stock

Have you had your evaporator replaced?? There are 4 bolts (heads visible in the well where the wiper linkage sits) that hold the dashboard to the firewall. They thread into spring nuts on the dashboard that are too easy to dislodge during reinstallation, and cause the most annoying squeaks when they're not tight.

Open the hood, remove the plastic grille at the base of the windshield (5 screws, 2 drain hoses, wiper arms) and inspect.

Reply to
Mike F