Squeaky dash - S70

Does anyone have advice on making my dashboard less squeaky? Someone suggested that I need to tighten some screws. So, I read instructions on Swedespeed for removing the dash of a 850, but my S70 seems a bit different. The 850 had a vent assembly that you could move up and down, but my S70 just has a stationary assembly, and the vents inside move up and down.

Thanks. Mike

Reply to
Michael Chiu

The first screws to look at are under the hood, under the black plastic cover that surrounds the wiper arm pivots. There are 4 going through the firewall evenly spaced across the car.

Reply to
Mike F

I have a s-70 that has a squeaky dash, it quits when the heater has warmed the interior.

On passenger side only.

Any ideas?

j.

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

Found a noticeable difference after mounting an aftermarket front strut tower brace. The improved torsional rigidity made the dashboard less squeaky. BR Carl

"Michael Chiu" skrev i meddelandet news:mikechiu-0902052214300001@192.168.2.3...

Reply to
Carl / Sweden

The squeaks seem to come not long after I replaced the engine mount bushings. I think I'm done with aftermarket parts for now. My Bilsteins are riding a bit rough for me.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Chiu

On 11/2/05 8:10 AM, in article n5QOd.3462$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com, "Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

I used on of those "rubber feet" that are used as non slip points or non mark points on items that need to stay still. This took up the slack of the glovebox and squeaks went away!

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones