How to remove heater fan 95 pickup

95 Chevy K2500. I need to replace the heater blower fan. It's under the dash on the passenger side below glove compartment. I has a rubber cover over it. I cant seem to figure out how to remove that rubber cover. Someone told me to remove the glove compartment. Removing that seems more difficult than the blower itself, since the screws are located real low under the door, which can not be opened beyond a certain point. Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this?

Thanks

Reply to
Caulking-Gunn

Not had to do it so don't know directly, but I've found that there's a Utub video for virtually anything you search for...most of them have been enough to figure it out with (or to realize that is _not_ the way in a couple of instances; keep looking :) ).

Reply to
dpb

c4

Reply to
clare

Yes, do search YouTube... it's amazing what you can find now.

And a suggestion... find and grab a factory shop manual (often they come a set these days) for your vehicle/s. They can really save the day sometime; even if it's a job you decide not to tackle, at least you can read up on whats involved.

Also, should you ever buy a new vehicle, negotiate a set in as part of the deal... most of the time you can do it. (But I hear printed manuals might soon be going the way of the nixie tube...

If/when you sell the vehicle, the manuals are a good selling point, if you scrap or otherwise lose it, manuals sell well on eBay or Craigs List.

Good luck with the blower motor!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Sometimes the online parts places such as Autozone will have that information.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Have you tried googling this? It's amazing how many very specific topics are out there for car repair, both youtube and text. Mostly youtube but it's worth it if it's just what you want.

Omit the year and see what years it gives you. I'm sure pickups were the same for several years in a row.

Reply to
micky

What! What happened to the nixie tube!!!!

Reply to
micky

I save mine. They remind me what I know.

Toyota's manuals arent' as good as American cars, imnsho.

There's even a warning in front of the Toyota that says roughly, Don't expect to fix this car by using these manuals.

I'm going back to American cars next time.

Reply to
micky

I've googled for nearly 4 hours (using other search engines too). Did not find shit. I did find several of those mostly worthless discussion groups where someone asked this same questiona and no one provided any useful help, or nothing at all. Got a few u-tube videos showing how to change one under the hood. Mine is under the dash. If mine was under the hood, it would have been changed in 10 minutes. Under the dash, therre is no room to get to the damn thing, and removing that glove box seems harder than the blower.

4 hours later, I've found nothing.......
Reply to
Caulking-Gunn

Look into a subscription to Alldata from Autozone.

Don't know much about the K2500 but some vhicles you can get to/replane the fan from under the hood

Reply to
NotMe

One explanation here:

It's on a '93 but under dash fan motor. The short explanation is that you rip the dash apart. Lots of youtube stuff:
It's probably stuff you've already seen but who knows.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The Helms book for a tahoe (probably same new style interior) says to remove the lower right I/P bolt. And it may be necessary to pry back right side of I/P.

Remove Disconnect

1 Neg battery cable 2 instrument panel storage compartment 3 Front right screw from right door sill plate 4 Right hinge pillar trim panel 5 Elect connectors, Blower motor 6 courtesy lamp 7 Bolt from lower right I/P support 8 Blower motor cover 9 Blower motor cooling tube 10 Blower motor Flange screws 11 Blower motor. * Pull the blower motor forward carefully to avoid distoring the blower fan * May be necessary to pry back right side of instrument panel

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

This is the new style interior introduced in the 95 tahoe. scroll down to the 6th post. This picture has the passenger side airbag (96).

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the instrument panel glove compartment. Unfasten the forward-most screw in the right side door sill plate. Remove the trim panel from the right hinge pillar. If necessary for access, unplug the ECM wiring and remove the ECM. Unplug the electrical lead at the blower motor and if equipped, remove the underdash courtesy lamp. Remove the bolt from the right side lower instrument panel support. Remove the blower cover and the cooling tube. Unfasten the flange screws and pull out the blower motor. You may have to pry back the right side of the instrument panel slightly. Be careful!

To install: Position the blower motor and install the mounting screws. Be careful not to catch the blower on anything when sliding it in. Install the cooling tube and the blower shield. Install the bolt into the instrument panel support. Attach the courtesy lamp and the blower electrical lead. If removed, install the ECM. Attach the wiring harness. Install the trim panel on the pillar. Don't forget the screw in the sill plate! Install the instrument panel glove compartment and connect the battery cable.

Reply to
Steve W.

Sounds like a lot of money. There are places around here that have an Alldata computer on the counter facing the customers, to use free.

The last one I knew was in Laurel, Md. I forget the chain's name.

Reply to
micky

Hi, Right on the firewall.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

One vehicle subscription is about $15 per year with an online discount cupon.

Reply to
clare

A lot cheaper than I thought. And I suppose, unless you're dealing with a new or almost new car, you can get just about everything there is in your first year.

When I buy a used car, I only go to Laurel once, to see the TSBs and whatever else they have.

I also buy the shop manuals, even though they are over 100 dollars now, even on ebay.

Reply to
micky

Cheaper because I didn't know you could get a subscription for just one car.

Reply to
micky

I get the manuals on DVD - a lot cheaper than print.

Reply to
clare