Forester headlight lenses/covers

The headlight lenses/covers on my '04 Forester seem to be made of some form of plastic. First car I've had without glass headlight lenses/covers. I'd guess plastic would be cheaper to replace than glass, but perhaps I'm wrong. Are there any issues with these plastic covers, e.g., do they get scratched and abraded over time? Besides lighter weight, and perhaps lower replacement cost, are there any advantages? Are they made of Lexan, or something similar---a very tough plastic? Are all Subaru model headlight lenses/covers plastic?

Reply to
H. Whelply

"H. Whelply" wrote

There could be. Our '96 Chrysler Concorde just failed the Virginia safety test because the clouded plastic lenses reduced the candle power to below the acceptable limits. Had to replace the lenses at $110.00 each. I just hope Fuji Heavy Industries uses better quality plastic than DaimlerChrysler.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

do a related search in the forums over at

I know there were discussions/instructions for polishing the lenses when this happens - uh - MUCH cheaper than replacing them.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

H. Whelply wrote:

Reply to