S70 wheel bearing

Can someone tell me what might cause a wheel bearing to go bad?

The front passenger side of my car is cursed! Since 2004, I've replaced the CV joint, wheel bearing, inner tie rod, spring seat, and an unevenly worn tire. I realize that I was not helping matters by driving with a bad spring seat for so long. Could this have caused the wheel bearing to go bad? I'm assuming I have a wheel bearing problem be/c I'm starting to hear the same sort of hum I heard before from that side of the car.

It's bothersome to have to pay for another replacement, but it'd be angering if I have to do this yet again be/c there's some other underlying problem.

Thanks, MIke

Wheel bearings just go bad, it happens. I've replaced one on my 98 V70 (owned from 0-145,000 km) and both on my S70 (owned from 142,000 -

325,000 km). I've had no bad CV joints, replaced one inner tie rod on the S70 and no spring seats. So your other stuff is more rare, at least in my experience.
Reply to
Mike F

I don't imagine that my Bilsteins help much.

Mike F wrote:

Reply to
mchiu