Service light

My 1997 V70 TDI needs servicing in another 2000 miles at 98,000. The service light is now on most of the time. My local Volvo agent says this is OK, don't worry about it.

Opinions please from disinterested parties.

Reply to
Mike Lindsay

Service light is a reminder (nag device) to get the car in for routine service, oil change and larger services that coincide with oil changes. Can be reset to a limited number of other intervals if you do your own service by the dealer or possibly a high end scan tool. It turns off in about 2 minutes.

If your "check engine" light is on - that is different.

Reply to
jr