"Service" light on dash 1998 V70

Posted recently. Received this advice to reset Service light on dash ( Thank you Bob Noble) ... turn key to position 1 push and hold trip odometer button turn key to position 2 hold button for 10 seconds. 'service' light will blink. within 5 seconds turn key off and release button.

This has not worked. Car is 1998 V70 Torslander. Any other codes that I can try?

John Lowe UK

Reply to
John Lowe

Euro car parts sell a tool for resetting this light. It costs £59 plus VAT. I have often thought about buying one and advertising to reset them for other people for, say, a fiver. It'd undoubtedly soon pay for itself. That sort of thing would be fine for me, until something went wrong, and it caused a problem somewhere. Main dealers can obviously charge what they like for sorting ECU faults.

Part number for Euro tool is : 400 66 0031. They also do a tool kit which included 3 resetting tools for Volvo/Volkswagen-Audi/BMW. This kit costs £179 + Vat, and is part number 400 77 0020. You may have trouble finding the tool listed on their website. Mail them, and they'll send you a catalogue. If you buy a tool, and you live anywhere near peterborough, please come and reset my service light. I'll pay a fiver!! joe landy.

1997 V70 TDI 220,000 miles.
Reply to
Joe landy