Timing Belt Replacement

Some advice would be much appreciated. I'm just about to replace the timing belt on my V70 Estate. B5244S2 engine. Is it possible to replace the belt without removing the crankshaft pulley - there seems to be conflicting advice about this. Also, can anyone confirm that the variable valve-timing system on the inlet camshaft sprocket makes no difference to the timing belt replacement procedure ? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
DavidV

It's possible to change the belt out without removing the pulley. Believe it or not, it's easiest to cut the old belt to get it out, and then slide the new one in. Keep in mind that engines with the variable cam system all have mechanical belt tensioners, not the automatic ones.

Reply to
Mike F