timingbelts and the other belts

--------------07E9FC438560BFA13E6113DB--

Reply to
kwijlebabulus

I've used Gates belts in the past (although not on Volvos) and always found them to be excellent. When I used to race cars they were the only belts we found that did not fly off/stretch/turn inside out at high revs.

If your belts are noisy did you: Set the tension correctly? Check the condition of your idler bearing and Tensioner pulley? Check the condition of your waterpump?

All these things can cause noisy timing belts.

You should also check all the ancillary device bearings (alternator, tensioner etc) for the serpentine belt too...

A. "kwijlebabulus" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pandora.be...

Reply to
AB