'04 S60R any input????

I think I might just pony up the $34k for one of these 300hp puppies. If anyone knows any grievous caveats, do tell now. I'd be under warranty for a good stretch but nevertheless don't wish to frequent the dealer. If I understand, they have the venerable 5 cylinder cranking out 300hp and 295 foot pounds of torque. It's speed limited to 155mph. I never drove my '96

805 turbo faster the 130mph, the scenery was going by to fast for me. I was running the v rated Michelin's but nonetheless.

I like the S60 so far, but as usual, do value the experts here at this NG.

Do weigh in if you've the time.

Reply to
Fred

Rob Guenther

Less than stellar frontal crash test results, if that is important to you.

3

Reply to
Ted

When I saw one at the dealership, there was a disclaimer in the window about the tires not lasting very long. Something like "10,000 miles" wouldn't be unexpected...

Reply to
Nick Cassimatis

Note that the auto trans version has much reduced torque output (only

258 lb ft) compared to the manual trans version (295 lb ft) because the trans can't handle it. So the magazine performance numbers will almost always be from the manual version.
Reply to
Mike F

Fred, I took delivery of an ex- demo with 27 miles on the clock 2 weeks ago. It's a 6 speed manual and I live in UK. It's my first Volvo, and first impressions are very favourable. Things get very warm under the bonnet(hood) even after a normal run, but I'm told by the dealer and some good members of this newsgroup that it is normal. Up to now the only thing I've had done is switching off the automatic daytime running lights, to save the Bi-Xenon bulbs more than anything. I would certainly say go for it, Regards, Bryan.

Reply to
Bryan Hammond