CD Player Install in 1992 740 Turbo Wagon

Help, I installed an aftermarket CD player in my car and now the headlights don't work. I cut the wires to the old stereo (CR-718) and installed the CD player...it works great...but there were 5 wires left over:

- 1 x blue wire & 1 x white that I suspect powered the panel lighting on the old stereo. When I move the headlight switch to parking lights I get 12V but it drops to zero when I switch to headlights.

- 2 x yellow/white wires that have about 10 ohms across them...no voltage

- 1 x green/grey with no voltage. I thought this was the power lead for the antenna (the motor on the antenna is also green/grey) but when I touched the blue wire (auto antenna) from the CD player to that wire the antenna didn't do anything....this is another problem I'm having but of little consequence right now.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 1992 740? I've scoured the internet and local libraries...nothing. Also, does anyone have any hints on how I can fix this problem? All fuses are good. I think the problem lies with the blue and white wires...I think I'll try and slice them into the other panel lighting wires on the cigarette lighter to see if it solves my problem....keep your fingers crossed!

Reply to
Shoe

Arg, you *cut* the wires? Why didn't you just buy one of those $5 wiring harnesses that plugs right in and has labeled wires to attach to the stereo wiring?

Check and see if you blew any fuses, there's an illumination wire that controls the lights in the stereo, that may have shorted.

Reply to
James Sweet

I think I solved the problem myself....wiring diagram to follow.....

Shoe

Reply to
Shoe