Under bonnet (hood) engine light on a 960 ?

It's a '95 960 - UK spec, low headlights.

There's supposed to be a bonnet light on this thing, but it's not working and I can't see it anywhere! There's a plunger switch on the car just by the RHS of the radiator header tank, but no sign of a light itself.

Do I have one? Where's it hiding? Or is the manual just being flakey?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I know such a light from my 89' 244, but I never found one in my current

97' 964. But I have to admit, I never searched hard. It's mentioned in the manual? Will have a look into it.

Perhaps it's an extra?

Bye, Vitus (964, model 97, delivered 7/96)

Reply to
Vitus Jensen

On my 1994 940 no bonnet light also. Purchased a utility light for $6.00 USD with a built in switch, works very well.

Reply to
proaire

My 240 had one right in the middle of the edge of the hood closest to the windshield. It didn't operate with a plunger switch, though, it had a mercury tilt-switch.

My 1989 760 GLE had one in the same place but (the price of progress?) my 1995 850 GLT does not have one. It was one of the great little touches that set Volvo apart from other car makers.

So it may well be that the printing of manual is not entirely aligned with the updates to the car design.

Good luck! blurp

Reply to
blurp

FYI, my US-spec 1991 944 T (assembled in Canada) had under hood light controlled by a mercury switch. My US-spec 1994 964 (assembled in Sweden) has no under hood light.

Reply to
Captain Funn